Sunday, October 25, 2015

Gesu Visit 2

During my second visit to Gesu, I was able to observe the children's library class. The librarian read them three Halloween books. The students really enjoyed the books she picked out for them and thought they were funny. She also informed them on the book fair they would be having the following week and hey were very excited about that. After library, the teacher had a lesson planned for them that involved the alphabet. They were learning sounds and had to find words that applied to those sounds. Some of the children found this very difficult and struggled. I tried to explain it to them and help them but found it was difficult to explain it because it was something I already knew. Sometimes when trying to teach a lesson on a topic you already know, it's hard to find the words to explain what you're trying to say and I found that to be my problem. I also observed that the teacher didn't always have patience with the students. I understood that it would definitely be a challenge working with children that young but it is something you have to have a passion for and be committed to doing. That is around the age that teachers have a huge impact on their students so I believe it is important that they are effecting them in a positive way and care for their students. Overall, I thought Mrs. Parisi was a very nice teacher and worked well with her students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment