Monday, October 12, 2015

BlogPostIt

I believe it is important for teachers to realize they can also learn from their students. This allows students to want to share information they know with their teachers and sometimes this can be new to the teachers and something they did not know. This is a concept I never really thought of until reading this chapter. In school, students are always the ones being taught and feel like they can't voice their opinion or share information with the teacher in fear that they won't be listened to. It's not that it is always this way but I can say I have felt like this in a lot of my classes throughout my educational career. When students feel comfortable and know their teacher and classmates will hear out their opinion when speaking in class, they are more open to contributing to conversations. School should not be focused entirely on the teachers but more on the students. Making sure the students feel important creates a stronger teacher-student relationship. The student looks to the teacher for guidance but the teacher also looks to the student for guidance as well. It creates an open classroom environment. Speaking from a student perspective, I would enjoy and benefit from the type of classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment