Monday, November 16, 2015

Summative FieldBlog Post

During my field experiences, I learned a lot. I was able to go into an elementary school classroom and see what it is like. My experience at Gesu allowed me to engage with the kindergarteners and see what their daily classroom routine is like. Although I really enjoyed working with these young children, I decided I wouldn't want to be a kindergarten teacher but it was still great to have the little experience that I did with this age group. I enjoyed seeing how excited they would get about new activities that the teacher had planned for them that day. They were very cooperative when working with one another and for the most part respected their classmates. I always looked forward to going to Gesu because of how excited the children were to see me when I arrived. It made me realize how rewarding being a teacher can be. The students really look up to you and see you as their role model so it is important to have a positive impact on them. Having a good relationship with your students is also important because teachers must realize that each student learns differently and certain methods will work with different students. Knowing and understanding this will make the learning process easier for the teacher. This truly was an overall great learning experience and made me even more excited to become an elementary school teacher someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment