Thursday, November 12, 2015

BlogPost 10

Throughout my experience in this class, I have learned many important points and issues in education. Being a great teacher means having a passion for children and wanting to help them succeed in any way they can. It means having a strong relationship with your students and letting them know you are on the same level as them and are approachable. Sometimes students feel like they are unable to talk to their teacher about issues they are having. This leads to problems in the classroom that the teacher is unaware of. Through my field experience, I learned how flexible teachers must be because things don't always go as planned and that's an important aspect of teaching to recognize. The field experience also gave me that recognition that I am pursuing the right career. Being able to observe an elementary school assured that it was exactly what I wanted to do because of my love for children. It also was great to already experience what an elementary school is like on a daily basis and what types of classes the students are taking and engaged in. I have learned how important it is for teachers to realize that they are able to learn from their students. It drives the students to want to share more information they know with their teacher because the teacher isn't always aware of the things they are telling them. Students also should not be made to conform to ways they are unaware of. They should have the freedom to be whoever they choose in the classroom and not fear that other people will judge them and not accept them. Students should learn at a young age how important it really is to be accepting of everyone and most importantly, of their classmates. The classroom should be an open and positive learning environment. This is the type of classroom I hope to create when I become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment