Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Class Survey

1. I prefer to  be called Natalie or Nat.
2. My hometown is Mentor, Ohio. 
3. I would like to teach either 2nd or 3rd grade.
4. I love traveling although I have not gone as many places as I would like yet. My favorite place I have visited so far would be Colorado. I enjoy bike riding, hiking, painting, and photography. I work at an ice cream shop near my house during the summers. During this semester, I plan to get involved with service and join clubs but I am not sure which ones yet.
5. 
Life's Struggles
Life contains a good number of ups and downs. Throughout the course of my life, there have been many times when friends have come to me crying seeking consolation. In those cases, I find myself in an awkward position because I’m not very good at cheering people up other than myself. I believe that people should take every bad thing that happens to them and learn to overcome it instead of sitting and crying about it. If it’s one thing I believe, it’s that people should learn to be optimistic and see the bright side of things. Thinking negatively, will never get me anywhere. There’s no good resulting from showing sadness. I think crying is a sign of defeat and letting life get the best of you.

In my life, I’ve seen myself having to face many struggles and obstacles put in my path meant to weigh me down. Even though it’s the most logical way of looking at it, that’s not how I see it. These obstacles have been placed in front of me to make me stronger. My parents’ separation wasn’t the easiest thing to live with. I live with my mom, but talk to my dad just about every day and see him fairly often. That’s what I consider to be the bright side. At least, I know my dad and I can see him and talk to him whenever I wish. I believe that there’s a positive side to everything, even to tragedies. It’s the healthiest way to think because absolutely everything happens for a reason.
I’m the type of person that keeps everything to myself no matter what it is. I could be going through the toughest times of my life, but you wouldn’t notice. I tend to cheer myself up and don’t depend on anyone else to be there for me. I find it pointless for someone else to be the one to put you back on your feet. There have been times when it seems like everything is falling apart, but seeing it the way it actually is, it could always be worse. If I’ve lived through harder times before, any other moment would be just the same. There’s no reason to be pessimistic when that’s only going to put me down. Hard times come and go, and they’re just put in front of me to make me stronger and a better person, that’s how I see it.
Reference: Andrea. "Life’s Struggles." This I Believe. N.p., 3 June 2009. Web. 01 Sept. 2015.
This article is significant to me because it explains how life can be really difficult sometimes but it's how you deal with those situations that define you as a person. It can be hard to not let things get to you but staying strong will only benefit you in the end.
6. To help me become comfortable in taking risks in a college classroom, I enjoy working with friends and forming relationships with my classmates so I am less nervous when participating.
7. A formative memory I've had as a student was when I realized I wanted to become a teacher. It was clarified during my high school career because I figured out what age group I wanted to teach and what age group I did not want to teach. I had done volunteer work with younger children and after that experience it became very clear to me that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
8. Concerns I have with the education field right now would be finding a job after I graduate. In my area at least, it does not seem like there is many open positions so that is definitely something I fear. It does not stop me from wanting to choose education as my career because I'm open to moving somewhere else where there is job opportunities. I'm also concerned that it might be a difficult process to receive my teaching license in a different state and cause me to be limited to jobs only in Ohio.
9. How many years have you been in the education field? Have you taught in different states? 

No comments:

Post a Comment